Wrightsville Beach, NC Guide Explore areas & homes for sale in Wrightsville Beach, NC
ABOUT WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH
Wrightsville Beach, NC, located on the southeastern coast of the state, is a popular beach town known for its beautiful white sand beaches, clear blue waters, and abundant outdoor recreational opportunities.
Today, Wrightsville Beach is a thriving community with a rich cultural heritage and a vibrant tourism industry. Visitors can enjoy a wide range of activities, including fishing, kayaking, surfing, and paddle boarding. The town also boasts an array of restaurants, bars, and shops, making it a popular destination for both locals and tourists alike.
One of the most notable features of Wrightsville Beach is its location. Situated on a barrier island just off the coast of Wilmington, NC, the town is surrounded by water on all sides. This unique location gives Wrightsville Beach its distinctive character and provides visitors with unparalleled access to the natural beauty of the area and the intracoastal waterway.
Overall, Wrightsville Beach is a charming and inviting town with a rich history and an unbeatable location. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, explore the local culture, or take part in outdoor activities, this beautiful beach town is the perfect destination for your next vacation.
Wrightsville Beach offers a wide range of attractions and activities for visitors to enjoy. Here are some of the top things to do in the area:
- Beach activities: Wrightsville Beach is known for its pristine white sand beaches and clear blue waters, making it the perfect destination for swimming, sunbathing, and beachcombing.
- Watersports: The town offers an array of watersports activities, including surfing, stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking, and fishing.
- Wrightsville Beach Museum of History: Learn about the town’s rich cultural heritage and history at this museum, which features exhibits and artifacts from the area’s past.
- Johnnie Mercer’s Pier: This historic pier is a popular spot for fishing, walking, and taking in the stunning views of the ocean.
- The Loop: This scenic 2.5-mile walking trail circles the town and offers stunning views of the coastline and marshes and a resident favorite. It’s likely you’ll run into a neighbor getting exercise on this community’s coveted trail.
- Airlie Gardens: Located just a few miles from Wrightsville Beach, these stunning gardens offer a peaceful escape from the beach and feature beautiful flowers, water features, and walking trails.
- Wrightsville Beach Park: This public park features a playground, basketball court, tennis court, and picnic areas, making it the perfect spot for families to spend a day.
FOOD & CULTURE
One of the most popular local favorites is the Oceanic Restaurant, which features stunning ocean views and a menu of fresh seafood dishes. Another must-visit spot is Tower 7 Baja Mexican Grill, known for its delicious fish tacos and margaritas.
Wrightsville Beach also has several restaurants that offer stunning water views and overlook the yachts and boats in the harbor. Locals enjoy the views and culinary delights from a few waterfront restaurants including:
- Bluewater Waterfront Grill: Located on the Intracoastal Waterway, this restaurant offers spectacular views of the harbor and features a menu of fresh seafood, steaks, and cocktails.
- Dockside Restaurant: This waterfront restaurant is located at the end of Wrightsville Beach’s iconic Johnny Mercer’s Pier and offers panoramic views of the ocean and harbor. The menu features fresh seafood and Southern-inspired cuisine.
- Surf’s Edge Deli & Cafe: This casual cafe is situated right on the beach and offers beautiful views of the ocean. The menu features a variety of sandwiches, salads, and breakfast items.
- Shark Bar & Kitchen: Located in the Blockade Runner Beach Resort, this waterfront restaurant features a menu of fresh seafood and American cuisine, as well as craft cocktails and local beers. The outdoor seating area overlooks the harbor and offers beautiful sunset views.