Kure Beach, NC Guide Explore neighborhoods & homes for sale in Kure Beach, NC
ABOUT KURE BEACH
Kure Beach, NC is a charming coastal town located in the southeastern part of the state. It was named after a Danish sailor who settled in the area in the 1700s, and has a rich history as a popular vacation destination. With its miles of pristine beaches, beautiful natural scenery, and welcoming community, Kure Beach is a great place to call home or to invest in real estate. According to the United States Census Bureau, the population of Kure Beach, NC was 2,178 as of the 2020 Census.
Kure Beach offers a wide range of attractions and activities for visitors and residents alike. Here are some of the top things to do in the area, including the pier:
- Kure Beach Pier: One of the most popular attractions in Kure Beach is the Kure Beach Pier. The pier is a great place to fish, take a stroll, or enjoy the beautiful views of the ocean.
- Fort Fisher State Historic Site: This historic site is home to a Civil War-era fort and museum, as well as a beautiful beach with old oak trees dripping in moss and beach front walking trails.
- North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher: The North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher is a must-visit attraction for nature lovers of all ages. The aquarium features a variety of exhibits, including a touch tank, sea turtle rehabilitation center, and more.
- Kure Beach Ocean Park: This park is a great place to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Kure Beach. It features picnic areas, playgrounds, and a boardwalk.
- Kure Beach Street Festival: This annual festival is held in the summer and features live music, food vendors, and local artisans.
Whether you’re interested in history, nature, or just enjoying the beautiful beaches, Kure Beach has something for everyone.
FOOD & CULTURE
When it comes to food, Kure Beach has plenty of delicious options to satisfy any appetite. From fresh seafood to classic southern cuisine, the town’s restaurants offer something for everyone. Some of the top local eateries include Jack Mackerel’s Island Grill, Freddie’s Restaurant, and the Kure Beach Diner.
In addition to the great food scene, Kure Beach is also known for its lively culture. The town hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including the Kure Beach Street Festival, the Beach Music Festival, and the Carolina Beach Music Festival. These events bring together locals and visitors alike to celebrate the town’s rich heritage and lively community.
Kure Beach’s culture is also reflected in its charming small-town vibe and laid-back beach lifestyle. Locals & visitors enjoy relaxing on the beach, exploring the town’s shops and galleries, or taking a leisurely bike ride around the island. Kure Beach also has a strong sense of community, with friendly locals always ready to welcome newcomers and share their love for the town.