Apex, NC Guide Explore homes for sale and the things to do in this charming town of Apex, NC.
The town of Apex, North Carolina gets its name from its location at the highest point of the Chatham Railroad, which was part of the original railroad system in the area. The name “Apex” was derived from the term “apex of the railroad,” which referred to the highest point along the rail line. The town was officially incorporated in 1873 and grew rapidly in the late 19th and early 20th centuries as a result of its strategic location and thriving railroad industry. Today, Apex is known for its vibrant community, top-rated schools, and strong economy, and continues to be a popular destination for families, professionals, and retirees alike.
There are many attractions and activities in Apex, North Carolina that make it a great place to live. Here are a few of the top area attractions that you may want to consider:
- Apex Nature Park and Seymour Athletic Fields: This expansive park offers something for everyone, with miles of walking trails, playgrounds, picnic areas, and athletic fields.
- Historic Downtown Apex: The downtown area of Apex is a charming and well-preserved historic district, with unique shops, restaurants, and events that celebrate the town’s rich history.
- Jordan Lake: This stunning lake is located just a short drive from Apex, and offers boating, fishing, swimming, and camping opportunities in a beautiful natural setting.
- Halle Cultural Arts Center: This cultural center offers a wide range of performing and visual arts programs and classes for all ages, including theater productions, concerts, and art exhibits.
- The North Carolina Railroad Museum: This museum offers a fascinating glimpse into the history of the rail industry in North Carolina, with exhibits on train technology, railroad life, and more.
- Beaver Creek Commons: This shopping center is a popular destination for residents of Apex and the surrounding area, with a variety of casual retail and dining options.
Whether you’re interested in outdoor recreation, cultural events, or shopping and dining, there’s something for everyone in Apex, North Carolina.
FOOD & CULTURE
Apex, North Carolina is home to several hotspots for food, wine, and the arts. One of the best places to try is Peak City Grill & Bar, a locally owned restaurant in downtown Apex that offers a menu of American and Southern-inspired cuisine, along with a carefully curated selection of wines and cocktails. If you’re looking for a taste of France, be sure to check out The Provincial, a charming French-inspired bistro that offers classic French dishes and a carefully curated wine list.
Cloer Family Vineyards is a must-visit for wine lovers. This family-owned vineyard is located just a few miles outside of Apex and offers tastings of their award-winning wines in a beautiful rural setting. For a more urban wine experience, head to Peak of the Vine, a wine bar in downtown Apex that offers a wide selection of wines from around the world, along with a menu of light bites and small plates.
The Halle Cultural Arts Center is a great place to catch a show or view an exhibit. This cultural center hosts a variety of visual arts exhibits and performing arts events throughout the year, including concerts, plays, and dance performances. And if you’re looking to bring a piece of Apex’s artistic flair home with you, be sure to check out The Rusty Bucket, a locally owned art gallery and gift shop in downtown Apex that features the work of local artists and craftsmen, along with a variety of unique gifts and home decor items.